Tournament Anglers of the Year 2021
–Adult – Adam Larson
-Junior – Troop Cash
-Skipper of the Year – Adam Larson
All Around Angler (revised 2/20/19)
This is a tournament for everyone since you are automatically entered if your membership is in good standing. There is no additional entry fee. All entrants and points will be tracked by the Weighmaster. Adults must submit at least 7 species to qualify and Juniors must submit at least 5 species to qualify. With a minimum of effort (completing a weight receipt) you are competing with every catch you make.
Point System for Eligible Species:
- Bass (Sand, Calico) LB x 22.0 pts
- Spotted Bay Bass LB x 50.0 pts
- California Corbina LB x 20.0 pts
- Barracuda LB x 17.0 pts
- Bonito LB x 14.5 pts
- Rock Cod LB x 14.5 pts
- Lingcod LB x 8.7 pts
- Yellowtail LB x 5.8 pts
- Dorado LB x 5.0 pts
- Halibut LB x 5.0 pts
- White Seabass LB x 4.3 pts
- Albacore LB x 4.0 pts
- Tuna (other than albacore) LB x 3.5 pts
- Wahoo: LB x 3.0 pts
- Released Billfish 135.0 pts
- Weighed in Billfish LB x 1.0 pts (minimum weight 135 pounds)
- Shark (Mako or Thresher) LB x 1.0 pts (70 lbs. minimum after gilling & gutting)
- Released Shark (Mako or Thresher) 135.0 pts
- All fish must weighed on a scale known to be accurate and reported to the nearest tenth or hundredth of a pound (no ounces). You cannot round up, you can only round down to the nearest tenth or pound.
- 175 point maximum per catch.
- Local catches only (within 125 miles of Point Loma)
- Weight receipt must be witnessed, signed, and submitted to the club weighmaster within 30 days of catch. If there is no witness available, a picture showing the fish and the weight must be provided.
- Adults must submit at least 7 eligible species to qualify. If more than 7 species are submitted, the best 7 species score will be considered.
- Juniors must submit at least 5 eligible species to qualify. If more than 5 species are submitted, the best 5 species score will be considered.
- IGFA Rules apply except as noted in the SDA Yearbook.
- Mexican rules apply within Mexican waters.
- Tie Breaker – qualifying date.
- Only species listed on the point system are eligible for entry. Calico bass and sand bass are considered one species for All Around Angler tournament purposes. Short-billed Spearfish are excluded. Sheephead are excluded.
- Released billfish must be brought to leader (hand on leader). Pictures or witnesses must be provided.
- Minimum weight of a weighed in Billfish is 135 pounds.
- Minimum weight of a weighed Shark (Mako or Thresher) is 70 lbs. after gilling & gutting)
- Released Shark (Mako or Thresher) must be brought to leader (hand on leader). Pictures or witnesses must be provided.
- No fish entered in the All Around Angler Tournament may be entered for the Homer Johnson Memorial Trophy.
- All December weight receipts must be received by January 10th of the following year.
Men’s & Women’s Division: 2-speed Reel, Plaque & SDA Club Jacket
Reel, Plaque and SDA Club Jacket
1) Robert Tressler 889.20 points
2) Lori Heath 898.51 points
3) Vincent Hauser 582.48 points
1) Norm Campbell 1089.62 points
2) Lori Heath 964.54 points
3) Vincent Hauser 602.04 points
1) Chad Gierlich – 992.45
2) Lori Heath – 862.54
3) Luke Weise – 558.05
1) Chad Gierlich – 1052.70
2) Janice Krause – 574.79
3) Luke Weise – 516.81
1) Ed Howerton – 932.81
2) Nancy Ortiz – 848.89
3) Justin Larson – 206.44
1) Thomas Aranda – 917.85
2) Millie Velez – 722.53
3) Gavin Terpening – 606.90
Thank you for reading!