San Diego Anglers
HALIBUT TOURNAMENT RULES AND ENTRY FORM
April 27, 2019 Tournament channel 72
- The official starting time of the tournament is 06:00 am on Saturday, April 27, 2019. The official ending time of the tournament is 4:00 pm on Saturday, April 27, 2019.
- Boats may depart prior to the official starting time of the tournament. Boats must depart from and return to any port within the county of San Diego. No tournament fishing is allowed prior to the official tournament starting time. All club tournaments are operated on an honor system.
- The fishing boundaries of the tournament shall be limited to the waters of the Pacific Ocean.
- During the tournament, fishing can be done from any fishing platform, including Sportfishing boats.
- Bait may be caught, purchased, or acquired as available prior to the official tournament starting time. Bait may be kept aboard tournament boats, used or transferred at the discretion of the anglers or skippers throughout the tournament.
- IGFA angling rules will be used for this tournament. Angling rules can be found in the San Diego Anglers Yearbook under General Angling Rules. Anglers are responsible for compliance with all California or Mexican fishing and boating laws and regulations, as applicable.
- All fish must be weighed on the club scale between 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM at the San Diego Anglers Tournament Weigh Station located at the SHELTER ISLAND LAUNCH RAMP lawn area in San Diego Bay.
- Eligible Species: California Halibut (jackpot fish, if entered, can be other than Halibut)
- Prizes will be awarded in the following Categories: Heaviest 1-fish Halibut Sack – 1st (50%), 2nd (25%), 3rd (15%), 4th (10)%, and 5th (Free Entry) place for adults. The prize pool shall be supplemented by $20 for each adult member; 1st ($50), 2nd ($35), and 3rd ($25) for juniors. There will be no ties in any category. When two sacks of the same weight are submitted, the first sack submitted shall be the winner. No payment will be made for any place not earned with a qualifying fish.
- Jackpot: There will be a $10.00 optional Jackpot for the heaviest single fish (excluding sharks and rays).
- All anglers are responsible to stay aware of current weather/sea conditions. Monitor NOAA weather radio for info.
- All tournament anglers must complete, sign and submit a Tournament Entry Form and a COPY OF THEIR CURRENT BOAT INSURANCE POLICY prior to wetting a line in this fishing tournament. Entrants may sign up anytime prior to the tournament starting date and time. The entry forms must be turned in to the locations or persons listed on the back of this form. All entrants in the tournament must be current members in good standing or non-members fishing as a guest of a club member. Entry forms can be scanned and emailed to Tournament Director with all pertinent signatures, boat insurance info (if applicable), and date/time stamp. By signing the application, Applicant does assume all risks of injury or property damage, and does agree to hold the San Diego Anglers harmless should any injury, death or property damage occur.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in the offending angler’s disqualification from the tournament and possible termination of club membership.
- Tournament Angler of the Year and Skipper points will be awarded for this tournament.
There will be Food after Tournament.
Thank you for reading!