San Diego Anglers
AUGUST 2018 MONTH-LONG IGFA TOURNAMENT RULES AND ENTRY FORM
August 02 thru September 03, 2018 Tournament channel 72
- The official starting time of the tournament is 12:01am on Thursday, August 02, 2018. The official ending time of the tournament is 08:00pm on Monday, September 03, 2018.
- Boats may depart prior to the official starting time of the tournament. Boats must depart from and return to any port within the county of San Diego. No tournament fishing is allowed prior to the official tournament starting time. All club tournaments are operated on an honor system.
- The fishing areas of the tournament shall be limited to those waters of the Pacific Ocean within 125 miles of San Diego.
- During the tournament, fishing can be done from any fishing platform, including Sportfishing boats.
- Bait may be caught, purchased, or acquired as available prior to the official tournament starting time. Bait may be kept aboard tournament boats, used, or transferred at the discretion of the anglers or skippers throughout the tournament.
- IGFA angling rules will be used for this tournament. Angling rules can be found in the San Diego Anglers Yearbook under General Angling Rules. Anglers are responsible for compliance with all California or Mexican fishing and boating laws and regulations, as applicable.
- Weight Receipts: It is the responsibility of each entrant to submit all weight receipts signed, witnessed, with time/date stamp to the Club Weighmaster no later than 11:59pm September 03, 2018. Weight receipts received after this deadline will be disqualified. Weight receipts can be found on the Club website. Weight receipts can be scanned and emailed to Club Weighmaster. More than one weight receipt per angler may be submitted.
- Species: All species eligible for San Diego Anglers Angler of the Year standings. All-around Angler Club Points System will apply for winning places to level the playing field. Tournament awards will be presented at the September club meeting.
- Cash prizes based on participation will be awarded in the following categories: Highest Single Fish Point Total – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th with a 5th place free entry for adults; 1st, 2nd and 3rd for juniors. There will be no ties in any categories. When two fish of the same weight are submitted, the first fish submitted by date and time is considered the winner.
- All anglers are responsible to stay aware of current weather/sea conditions. Monitor NOAA weather radio for info.
- All tournament anglers must complete, sign and submit a Tournament Entry Form and a COPY OF THEIR CURRENT BOAT INSURANCE POLICY prior to wetting a line in this fishing tournament. Entrants may sign up any time prior to the tournament starting date and time. The entry forms must be turned in to the locations or persons listed on the back of this form. All entrants in the tournament must be current members in good standing or non-members fishing as a guest of a club member. Entry forms can be scanned and emailed to Tournament Director with all pertinent signatures, boat insurance info (if applicable), and date/time stamp. By signing the application, applicant assumes all risks of injury or property damage, and agrees to hold the San Diego Anglers harmless should any injury, death or property damage occur.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in the offending angler’s disqualification from the tournament and possible termination of club membership.
- Tournament Angler of the Year points will be awarded for this tournament. There will be NO Skipper’s points awarded for this tournament.
There will be no food after tournament.
ALL ENTRANTS MUST BE MEMBERS OF THE SAN DIEGO ANGLERS IN GOOD STANDING