OCTOBER 13th 2018 BASS SLAM TOURNAMENT RULES AND ENTRY FORM
October 13, 2018 Tournament channel 72
1. The official starting time of the tournament is 06:00 am on Saturday, October 13th, 2018. The official ending time of the tournament is 4:00 pm on Saturday, October 13th, 2018.
2. Boats may depart prior to the official starting time of the tournament. Boats must depart from and return to any port within the county of San Diego. No tournament fishing is allowed prior to the official tournament starting time. All club tournaments are operated on an honor system.
3. The fishing areas of the tournament shall be limited to those waters of the Pacific Ocean within 125 miles of San Diego.
4. During the tournament, fishing can be done from any fishing platform, including Sportfishing boats.
5. Bait may be caught, purchased or acquired as available prior to the official tournament starting time. Bait may be kept aboard tournament boats, used or transferred at the discretion of the anglers or skippers throughout the tournament.
6. IGFA angling rules will be used for this tournament. Angling rules can be found in the San Diego Anglers Yearbook under General Angling Rules. Anglers are responsible for compliance with all California or Mexican fishing and boating laws and regulations, as applicable.
7. All fish must be weighed on the club scale between 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM at the San Diego Anglers Tournament Weigh Station located at the SOUTH SHORES LAUNCH RAMP in Mission Bay.
8. Species: Calico Bass, Sand Bass, & Spotted Bay Bass. Entrants can weigh only one (1) fish from each bass species.
9. Prizes will be awarded in the following Categories: Heaviest Sack Weight – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place for adults; 1st, 2nd and 3rd for juniors. There will be no ties in any category. When two sacks of the same weight are submitted, the first sack submitted is considered the winner. Regardless of weight, a 3-bass combination beats a 2-bass combination, and a 2-bass combination beats 1 bass.
10. There will be a $10.00 optional Jackpot for the heaviest single bass.
11. All anglers are responsible to stay aware of current weather/sea conditions. Monitor NOAA weather radio for info.
12. The All tournament anglers must complete, sign and submit a Tournament Entry Form and a COPY OF THEIR CURRENT BOAT INSURANCE POLICY prior to wetting a line in this fishing tournament. Entrants may sign up any time prior to the tournament starting date and time. The entry forms must be turned in to the locations or persons listed on the back of this form. All entrants in the tournament must be current members in good standing or non-members fishing a one-time introductory tournament as a guest of a club member. Entry forms can be scanned and emailed to Tournament Director (Adam Larson) with all pertinent signatures, boat insurance info (if applicable), and date/time stamp. By signing the application, applicant does assume all risks of injury or property damage, and does agree to hold the San Diego Anglers harmless should any injury, death or property damage occur.
13. Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in the offending angler’s disqualification from the tournament and possible termination of club membership.
14. Tournament Angler of the Year and Skipper points will be awarded for this tournament.
There will be Food after Tournament.