MAY 2017 MONTH LONG YELLOWTAIL TOURNAMENT RULES AND ENTRY FORM
MAY 4th thru June 4th, 2017 Tournament channel 72
PAGE 1 OF 2
1. The official starting time of the tournament is 12:01am on Thursday, May 4th, 2017. The official ending time of the tournament is 11:59pm on Sunday, June 4th, 2017.
2. Boats must depart from and return to any port within the county of San Diego. No tournament fishing is allowed prior to the official tournament starting time or prior to submitting a Tournament Entry Form. All Our Club tournaments are on an Honor system.
3. The fishing areas of the tournament shall be limited to those waters of the Pacific Ocean within 125 miles of San Diego.
4. During the tournament, fishing can be done from any fishing platform, including Sport boats.
5. Bait may be caught, purchased or acquired as available prior to the official tournament starting time. Bait may be kept aboard tournament boats, used or transferred at the discretion of the anglers or skippers throughout the tournament.
6. California Department of Fish & Game regulations will be used for this tournament. IGFA angling rules apply, No exceptions. Angling rules can be found in the San Diego Anglers Yearbook under General Angling Rules. Anglers are responsible for compliance of California and Mexican, fishing and boating laws/regulations.
7. Weight Receipts. It is the responsibility of each entrant to submit all weight receipts signed, witnessed, time/date stamped to the Club Weigh Master (Mike Sur) no later than 11:59pm June 4th 2017. Weight receipts received after this deadline will be disqualified. Weight receipts can be found on the Club website. Weight receipts can be scanned and emailed to Club Weigh Master. More than one weight receipt per angler may be submitted.
8. Species: Yellowtail.
9. Prizes will be awarded in the following Categories: Heaviest Single Yellowtail; 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place for adults; 1st, 2nd and 3rd for juniors. There will be no ties in any categories. When two fish of the same weight are submitted, the first fish submitted by date and time is considered the winner.
10. All anglers are responsible to stay aware of current weather/sea conditions. Monitor NOAA weather radio for info.
11. All tournament anglers must complete, sign and submit a Tournament Entry Form and a COPY OF THEIR CURRENT BOAT INSURANCE POLICY prior to wetting a line in this fishing tournament. Entrants may sign up anytime prior to the tournament ending date and time. The entry forms must be turned into the locations or persons listed on the back of this form. All entrants in the tournament must be current members in good standing or non-members fishing a onetime introductory tournament as a guest of a San Diego Angler club member. Entry forms can be scanned and emailed to Tournament Director (Adam Larson) with all pertinent signatures, boat insurance info if applicable, date and time stamp. By signing the application, applicant does assume all risks of injury or property damage, and does agree to hold the San Diego Anglers harmless should any injury, death or property damage occur.
12. Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in the offending angler’s disqualification from the tournament and possible termination of club membership.
13. Tournament angler of the year points will be awarded for this tournament. There will be NO Skipper points awarded for this tournament.
There will be no reception after this tournament